UMBC has signed an MOU with the National Institute for International Education (NIIED), a South Korean government institution, for EPIK (English Program in Korea).
English Program in Korea (EPIK) is a wonderful chance to explore your teaching career in a global context, and the Korea area in MLLI at UMBC will help you go through the application process successfully.
You can find complete information on EPIK here:
Their Spring 2021 application is over, and for the Fall 2021 positions, they will start accepting applications in February or March, 2021.
Some Important Info:
One year, February through January or August through July
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Major in education or at least one year of teaching experience or TEFL/TOEFL certification of at least 100 hours
- Be a citizen from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
- Spring intake: Oct. 1
- Fall intake: March 1
- One-year contract
- Monthly stipend
- One-time settlement allowance of 300,000 won
- Accommodation (housing) provided
- Severance pay (approximately one month’s salary)
- Entrance allowance for flight (1.3 million won at the end of first contract month)
- Contract completion bonus (=Exit allowance, 1.3 million won upon completing the final contract)
- Renewal bonus (2 million won – 1.3 million won at the start of the renewed contract and 0.7 million won at the end of the renewed contract)
- Compulsory medical insurance (50% of premiums paid by employer)
- EPIK orientation, a great transition and networking opportunity
* NIIED has another program for undergraduate students named TaLK. The MOU included a special partnership for TaLK as well, but unfortunately, they have stopped accepting new applications indefinitely due to the impact of COVID. (If the situation gets better, they will first process the applicants waitlisted from the August 2020 intake.)